We, your Committee on Morals, submit the following:
1. Since the discipline of our churches sets the proper guide for our conduct and for all its members (pg. 13), we bow in humble submission to the Discipline of The Free Will Baptist Conference of the Pentecostal Faith.
2. We urge regular attendance at church services and Conference activities that would aid us in our Christian living. (Heb. 10:25)
3. We urge church laity, as well as ministers, to give time to prayer and Bible reading, since this is our communion and fellowship with God. (Eph. 6:18; I Thess. 4:11, 5:17; I Tim. 2:8; James 5:16; II Tim. 2:15)
4. Since Christ is the center of our lives, we urge family devotions daily for the building of our faith. (Jude 20; Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:4; II Tim. 3:15)
5. Since literature is a profound teaching, we urge our people to read material that would give them a deeper meaning of Christian living; also to stand and speak out against all literature that would be damaging to our moral and Christian living.
6. Realizing that we are living in the closing hours of the “Laodicean Church Age,” and that many churches and ministers of other walks of life are endorsing evils which are unbecoming to the Christian faith, we would like to further recommend a strict adherence to the Word of God in the following areas:
a. Gossiping: Whereas this has become a problem in our churches, we urge all Christians to refrain from saying or doing anything that will damage the influence of their pastor, any minister, or any fellow Christians. Ministers are to do likewise. (James 1:25; II Thess. 3:11; Eph. 4:29, 5:4; I Peter 4:15)
b. Abortion: We need to understand that this is a form of murder. Therefore, it is a violation of the Word of God which cannot be accepted by true fundamental Christians of faith. (Ex. 20:13; Matt. 5:21, 19:18)
c. Homosexuality: Since this an unnatural desire of the flesh, and the Bible stands so strongly against such, it has to be a sin and not a sickness. Therefore, the Christian faith cannot endorse is, nor express sympathy for those involved in it, other than as for a sinner on his way to hell. (Gen. 1:26, 19:5; I Cor. 7:5; Jud. 19:22; I Kings 14:34; Isa. 3:9; Matt. 1:25; Rom. 24-28; II Tim. 3:3; Jude 7)
d. Rock Music & Country music: Since rock music is associated with demon worship, occultism, riots, revolution, drugs, illicit sex, etc., and because of its syncopated beat, we cannot accept it into our worship (Viols. Isa. 14:11). We also urge our people to stand firmly against the new contemporary Gospel music known as “Gospel Rock.” We feel this music is not Godly and that Christians should have no association with it whatsoever. We further urge that our people refrain from support of “Country Music,” as it does not glorify God and endorses evils condemned in God’s Word.
e. Drugs (sorcery): We urge our churches to stand against the misuse of drugs because it is one of the instruments that Satan is using in these last days to destroy the morals of this society and is sending souls into hell (Rev. 21:3; Acts 8:9)
f. Cosmetics (Make-Up): Whereas there has been an infiltration into our church membership of ladies painting their faces, fingernails, etc., we again feel that we should make a clear statement of our feelings in this area. The Bible clearly tells us not to love the world (I John 2:15-16).
g. Jewelry: Where jewelry has entered into our ranks, we feel we need to take a stronger stand against the wearing of excessive jewelry (Isa. 55:2; I Pet. 3:3; I John 2:15-16; I Tim. 2:9).
h. Television, Video Games & Internet: In view of the constant statistics given out through news release of the damage that television, the internet and video games are doing to the American society and the noted spiritual damage they are doing to the faith, we urge that ministers and church members and their families be prayerful in what they view and/or play (I John 2:15-16; Psalm 101:3).
i. Dress: we urge that men and women respect their bodies and God enough to dress properly. Modest dress is as much a part of Godliness as any other part of our Christian living (I Tim. 2:9; I Pet. 3:3-5). Whereas dress has become a problem in our churches and on our Conference Grounds, and whereas other church groups have let up on their dress codes, we, as Holiness people, should take a stronger stand. Therefore, we urge the following:
(1) For Camp Meeting, Quarterly Conference, Youth Camp and other functions held on our Conference grounds, ladies and girls are asked to wear dresses at all times.
(2) We ask that the following items not be worn on Conference grounds: dresses with splits above the knee, sun dresses without blouses, and also that shirts be fully buttoned at all times.
(3) We urge that all men and boys have hair styles in keeping with I Cor. 11:14.
(4) We urge that ministers and all men dress as becoming men of God, not enticingly, and to be mindful of their appearance.
(5) We urge that our church members refrain from wearing shorts to any church service or activity.
j. Fornication: Whereas AIDS has become such a deadly disease, we feel the need to urge parents to take a stronger stand against premarital sex among our children. We should not condone preventive methods as a means to avoid contracting AIDS (Rom. 1:26-27; I Cor. 6:9; Gen. 19:5-9)
k. We encourage our church members to not follow the trend of getting tattoos.
We urge our pastors to ask their congregation to comply with all the above articles. Please, Christians, let’s take a stronger stand against worldliness. We wish to stress that the above guidelines be followed and enforced during all activities on the campgrounds.
FWB Pentecostal Faith Conference